Thursday, June 17, 2010

update!

It's been a while, I know! I tend to blog often over at SparkPeople, but I don't want to neglect this place!

So what's been new with me? A lot, actually!

For starters, I finished the Couch-to-5k Program! In 9 weeks, I went from no running experience whatsoever to being able to run 3 miles! I doubted the program (and myself) a little, but it really worked! Now I'm totally hooked on running, and I'm thinking about possibly starting a local running club!

Here's another new thing:



I created a nutrition/fitness journal. I already track my food & workout info on SparkPeople, but for some reason writing it down on paper makes me feel more responsible for what I'm doing. It makes me want to stick to my goals. I've covered the front cover with motivational words and sayings.

I've been doing well on training for my first 5k race (in 9 days!) and I've practiced the route 3 times now, improving my time by a few minutes each time! I'm getting really excited for the race, and I'm hoping the weather cooperates!

I'm mostly working on being a healthier, more positive me, and I'm happy with my progress so far!

No comments: