Friday, June 25, 2010

Roller Coaster and today's lunch!

So yesterday I was all "Mrs. Brightside," and then last night I couldn't sleep, worrying about the race. What if I can't run at all? What if I try to run and injure myself and can't finish at all? What if I finish, but I'm in last place? It kept me up for hours. Then when I fell asleep, I dreamt that I was able to run the race.

When I woke up to the same shin pain, I felt devastated all over again! My husband keeps trying to help (bless him), but I was miserable again.

Then I put on some pantyhose. LOL

I know compression is part of the healing process (RICE, right?), but I don't have compression socks and I couldn't find any ace bandage, so I thought I'd try pantyhose. And you know what? My legs feel better! When I came home from a hair cut (which is also contributing to me feeling better), I jogged up the steps to my front door, and I didn't feel any pain! I just might wear them to the race tomorrow. Would that be weird? If they're nude, no one will notice, right??

So I'm back on the happy side again. I have a feeling that WHEN (not IF) I cross that finish line tomorrow, I just might cry. I'm having an emotional week! (And I have to say that, as an emotional eater, I've been doing well at sticking to my ranges and making sure I don't eat lots of junk food!)

And, because I love sharing, here's a pic of my lunch today:


a mini-pizza (sauce, cottage cheese and cheddar cheese) on half an Arnold's Sandwich Thin with a romaine salad (with broccoli, cucumber, grapes and blueberries) and 1 tbsp of light balsamic vinaigrette dressing.

I'll have a second lunch (hubby calls me a Hobbit) before I go to work because this one is only 192 calories!

I hope I sleep tonight! And I hope I have a good race report to write about tomorrow!!

No comments: