Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Bright Side

I'm trying to stay positive (but realistic) about my chances of running the race in 2 days. My shins still hurt (only when I try to run or jog up the stairs, not when I'm sitting or standing). An SP article says to rest them for a week or two. Saturday will be 6 days from my last run, so there's a very tiny chance I'll be able to run.

If not, I'm looking on the bright side. Even if I don't run:

1. I still get a tshirt for the race! All walkers and runners who pre-registered get the free swag, so that's cool!

2. I'll still finish the race, no matter what. Even if I have to walk the whole thing, I will. I'll finish.

3. There will be other races this year. This might not be my first race that I run, but there will be others.

4. The 5k benefits the rec center of the town where I grew up, so it's for a good cause regardless of whether or not I run.

5. I'm still getting out and exercising, a fun day spent with my sister!

6. There's always next year!


I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your support, comments and advice! It's definitely helped me through this. This hasn't deterred me from running all together. I want to run again, but when I do (after I've healed), I'll take it easy.

No comments: