Friday, June 18, 2010

great run today!

8 days and counting until my first 5k race! I ran a practice run on the route again today (sooo glad I'm practicing! it's a tough course!), and I got another best time, 33:32! I'm ecstatic about my progress! I was never a runner, and now I'm averaging an 11-min mile! Woo-hoo!

I have to make myself take the first mile slow, though. Usually, I've got so much energy, I just want to sprint! LOL!

I'm not sure what was different about today's run, but I just felt really powerful today. I almost didn't run because my calves were feeling a little tight during a strength training session this morning, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway. I figured if they got bad, I'd turn around and walk back to my car. I made it through, though!

The last mile was a little tough, but the first mile (I took it a tiny bit slower, 10 seconds slower, I think) felt amazing. While I ran, I looked around at the beautiful scenery, and I just felt so good running! I really wish I could bring a camera with me on my runs. The area is really beautiful!

I did take one photo when I was finished:

This is the starting line for the race. 8 days away, 2 more practices and I can't wait!

No comments: