Wednesday, June 23, 2010

shin pain, 3 days until race.

I'm feeling pretty down, disappointed, angry, and depressed. I'm trying to stay positive, and maybe my shins will stop hurting by Saturday and I'll be able to run the 5k. But I'm doubting it. It hurts when I jog up stairs, or when I try to jog in place. I take one step, and it's shooting pains in my shins. Not good.

This week, I'm just trying to focus on getting all my nutrients and vitamins and drinking plenty of water. Who knows? Maybe it was a potassium or calcium deficiency that caused the shin pain? And maybe if I make sure I get the right amounts this whole week, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to run on Saturday.

I don't care if I have to walk almost the whole 5k race at this point. I've run the course several times, and I know the time I'm capable of if I can run comfortably. At this point, I just want to finish the race! Even if it's a "Run, Walk, Crawl, Finish" situation.

Send healing thoughts! :)

No comments: