Monday, January 18, 2010

Healthy Living

My goal is a tricky one - to maintain my weight.

Over three years ago, I lost 30 lbs. It wasn't necessarily by choice, as I had panic attacks and anxiety relating to eating and food. I ate just enough so that I wasn't starving. Sometimes I just dealt with the starving... I tried to eat fresh veggies as much as possible, as I felt it was a "safe food," though I ate junkfood, too. It was a pretty horrible year...

I'm not totally over panic/anxiety. I think I'll be dealing with it forever, but the point is that I'm dealing. I analyze why I feel the way I do, and I have coping skills. I'm trying to live more "in the moment, and I'm doing all of this without medication (except for the occasional dental visit which requires half a tablet of Klonopin. That place freaks me out!) and without abusing my body by not eating right.

The thing is, I'm at my ideal weight right now. I'm about 5'1" and I weigh 105. It's my goal to stay at that weight, and I'm doing it by watching what I eat and by exercising regularly. I never realized it could be so difficult to stay at one weight!

My husband has recently gone on a diet (a healthy one, not a fad), and I'm eating healthy with him, because it makes me feel good. I feel like I have more energy and I generally feel good about myself when I'm eating sensibly and exercising.

I'm all about being a healthy me. :) For me, it's about making good choices and sticking to meal plans. And not beating myself up when I slip. ;)


No comments: