Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All or Nothing

I'm one of those "all-or-nothing" types of people. When I resolve to get healthy, I obsess. I read articles, make charts, keep a detailed log of all nutrition and exercise. I can't help it. That's the type of person I am. Smile

Of course, I have my off-days. I just try not to beat myself up about them. Tomorrow's another day, I tell myself.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I worked out for over an hour! Bigsmile I'm looooving having Wii workout games! It mixes up my routines to keep me interested and motivated. I love getting to see how many calories I'm burning!

So I started the day with 20 minutes of yoga, 10 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of aerobics. Not bad, especially for a "rest day." Laugh

Nutrition-wise:

Breakfast: Coffee, cereal with light soy milk, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a banana
(peanut butter is magic, I swear! I've read that it's important to have protein after doing strength training to build muscle. I'm going to look into protein powders to add to smoothies, but in the meantime, I thought I'd have some pb. At first, I didn't like that it was going to add 100 calories to my day, but then it kept me feeling not hungry for a long time! Normally I'm really hungry by 10am, that's why I split up my lunches normally. Yesterday, though, I didn't get hungry until Noon!)
Lunch: 3 pierogies, fresh fruit, and 12 tortilla strips with 2 tbsp salsa
Dinner: tuna salad on an Arnold's Sandwich Thin, 1/4 mixed nuts, 3 Utz multi-grain pretzels

I should have had more veggies yesterday... I try to have at least 3-5 servings of fruits & veggies per day. It seems like I get either fruit OR veggies, though.

Today's plan:
Breakfast: coffee, cereal with light soy milk, and a banana
Lunch: Wendy's chili, fresh fruit salad
Dinner: Pan-friend tilapia, roasted potatoes and sweet corn
(I still need 300-500 calories somewhere, so I'll try to have a healthy snack or two)


I took it easy on exercise this morning because I was a little sore from yesterday's workout, plus I won't have as much time today. I did my scheduled EA Sports Active workout, which was only 13 minutes long, all upper-body stuff today. I'll finish my first 30-day challenge this Saturday! I'm going to be starting the next one on February 1st with my sister.

No comments: